In the syllabus for my British literature survey, "From Chaucer to 1800," I therefore supplemented the brief pages by women writers from The Norton Anthology of English Literature with the slightly (but only slightly) more plentiful pages of early women writers anthologized by Gilbert and Gubar in their more broadly based 1985 anthology The Norton Anthology of Literature by Women (see Appendix 1) (1985).
What does NALW stand for?
NALW stands for Norton Anthology of Literature by Women (W.W. Norton and Company)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NALW
We have 1 other meaning of NALW in our Acronym Attic
- Not at Liberty to Say
- National Agricultural Labourers Union (UK)
- National Army for the Liberation of Uganda (Ugandan insurgents)
- National Association of Life Underwriters (now NAIFA)
- Network Abstraction Layer Unit
- Napoli GNU (Gnu's Not Unix)/Linux Users Group (Naples, Italy)
- Northern Alberta LEGO Users Group (Canada)
- National Association of Legal Vendors
- National Assisted Living Week (National Center for Assisted Living; Washington, DC)
- North American Locomotive Works
- N-Accumulator Multiplier (computing)
- Name and Address Module (telephony)
- Namibia (ISO Country code)
- Nampa (Amtrak station code; Nampa, ID)
- Nashville Association of Musicians
- National Account Manager
- National Account Manager(s)
- National Agency for Medicines (Finland)
- National Agronomy Manual
- National AIDS Manual (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Norton Anthology of Literature by Women (1985) had done so well that it was headed into a second edition.
While protesting the absence of Scottish women in literary histories and even gender-specific anthologies such as The Norton Anthology of Literature by Women, the editors promise to reflect the continuing evolution of Scottish women's writing and its interaction with the writing of men.