In terms of payroll, Red Dog is the largest employer in the Northwest Arctic Borough.
What does NAB stand for?
NAB stands for Northwest Arctic Borough (Alaska)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NAB
We have 144 other meanings of NAB in our Acronym Attic
- Newspaper Advertising Bureau
- Nichols Air Base (Philippines)
- No Airbag (gaming clan)
- Nocturnal Acid Breakthrough
- Non-Alcoholic Beer
- Norfolk Amphibious Base (Virginia)
- North American Baptist Conference (Christian organization formerly made up of German Baptist in North America and six other countries)
- North American Branch (various organizations)
- North American Breweries (Rochester, NY)
- North Atlantic Books (Berkeley, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Air travel is the primary means of transportation year-round since the Northwest Arctic Borough has no roads connecting it with the rest of Alaska.
the Northwest Arctic Borough, and the Northwest Arctic Borough School District.
Red Dog and minerals are to the Northwest Arctic Borough as the North Slope and oil is to Alaska.
Besides the individual benefits that come from millions of dollars going into the pockets of locals, the project resulted in providing a tax base for the establishment of the Northwest Arctic Borough (NWAB) as a way to realize the benefits of a regional government and manage the new wealth resulting in benefits such as education and creating additional jobs for the government entity.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The Northwest Arctic Borough is one of the most remote and sparsely populated areas in the state.