The researchers scanned the entire genetic code of 6,000 individuals from the Northern Finland Birth Cohort (NFBC1966) and the Avon Longitudinal Study on Parents and Children (ALSPAC), UK, both of which track participants from mother's early pregnancy until adulthood.
What does NFBC stand for?
NFBC stands for Northern Finland Birth Cohort (research program)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NFBC
We have 15 other meanings of NFBC in our Acronym Attic
- Nearly Famous Bulletin Board
- New Forest Basics Bank (UK)
- New Forest Brass Band (UK)
- North Florida Business Brokers (est. 1986; Gainesville, FL)
- North Fork Bed and Breakfast Association (New York)
- National Fantasy Baseball Championship
- National Federation of the Blind of California
- National Food Biotechnology Centre (University College Cork; Ireland)
- Niagara Frontier Bicycle Club (Buffalo, NY)
- North Florida Bicycle Club
- Northwest Filipino Baptist Church (Elk Grove Village, IL)
- National Federation of Blind Citizens of Australia (Prahran, Victoria, Australia)
- National Federation of the Blind in Computer Science (Des Moines, IA)
- Nerve Fibre Bundle Defect
- Non-Formal Basic Education
- National Federation of the Blind of Florida
- Nebraska Farm Bureau Federation (Lincoln, NE)
- National Federation of Badger Groups
- National Franchisee Board Germany (Subway)
- National Federation of the Blind of Georgia
Samples in periodicals archive:
The longitudinal study examined cognitive functioning in 457 adolescents aged 16 to 18 with and without ADHD from the Northern Finland Birth Cohort, 1986.
The aim of the present survey was to evaluate the association of educational achievement and mental disability with juvenile delinquency in the Northern Finland birth cohort of 1966, data for which were collected prospectively since pregnancy of the mothers (Rantakallio, 1969; 1988).