An evaluation of the bottom trawl survey program of the Northeast Fisheries Center.
What does NEFC stand for?
NEFC stands for Northeast Fisheries Center
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NEFC
We have 6 other meanings of NEFC in our Acronym Attic
- Northeast Florida Association of Rocketry
- Northeast Florida Astronomical Society
- Neftekamsky Avtomobilny Zavod (Russian vehicle factory)
- Northeast Florida Builders Association
- New England Franchise Business Network
- Native Evangelical Fellowship of Canada
- New England Fiberoptic Council (Chestnut Hill, MA)
- New England Football Conference
- New England Fox Crew
- New Evolution Fitness Company
- Northeast Foundation for Children, Inc. (est. 1981; Turners Falls, MA)
- Not Even Flipping Considered (polite form)
- National Endowment Fund for Culture and the Arts (Philippines; National Commission for Culture and the Arts grant)
- Nurses Entrepreneurial Foot Care Association (Canada)
- New England Fertilizer Company (North Quincy, MA)
- New England Fire Cause and Origin (Rochester, NH)
- New England Forestry Consultants, Inc. (Warner, NH)
- Nordic Environment Finance Corporation
- Nassau Educators Federal Credit Union
- Nebraska Energy Federal Credit Union
Samples in periodicals archive:
Northeast Fisheries Center research in the year 2000.
Called the Cooperative Marine Education and Research (CMER) Program in each case, the partnership with UMass is now undertaking five research projects, and with URI two projects, involving NOAA's NMFS Northeast Fisheries Center.
The major thrust of these exhibits dealt with the organization, responsibilities, and mission of NOAA's National Marine Fisheries Service with special emphasis on the roles that the Northeast Fisheries Center and its satellite Laboratories play in providing the information necessary for the conservation, management, and utilization of the Nation's living marine resources off the northeastern United States.
It set the stage for additional integration and coordination between programs in the other laboratories in the Northeast when the Northeast Fisheries Center was created.
The return of NOAA's R/V Albatross IV to Woods Hole, MA, in November 1987 marked the completion of 25 years of autumn bottom trawl survey cruises conducted by the Northeast Fisheries Center (NEFC) of the National Marine Fisheries Service, NOAA.
Among his many legacies is the establishment of the Fish Commission's Woods Hole Laboratory (WHL) in 1885, forerunner to the NMFS Northeast Fisheries Center.