More than 2,000 nature enthusiasts were in bird heaven at the annual North of England Homing Union (NEHU) show at the weekend.
What does NEHU stand for?
NEHU stands for North of England Homing Union (homing pigeon enthusiasts; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEHU
- New England Health Service
- Non-Exposed Human Sera
- North East High School
- North Eugene High School (Eugene, Oregon)
- North of England Horticultural Society (est. 1911; UK)
- New England Handicapped Sports Association
- New England Hydric Soils Technical Committee (Lowell, MA)
- National E-Health Transition Authority (Australia)
- New England Hi-Tech Charity Foundation (Boston, MA)
- North Eastern Hill University (India)
- New England HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Workgroup
- New England Horror Writers (est. 2001)
- No Enjoyment, Hard Work
- North East Hants Youth League
- National Education Institute (Slovenia)
- National Elevator Industry
- National Emission Inventory
- National Executive Institute (FBI Academy)
- National Expertise Index (Canada)
- National Eye Institute (NIH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 55-year-old, who has kept pigeons since he was eight, and is chairman of the Gateshead Federation of Racing Pigeons and vice-president of the North of England Homing Union, braved the heat in an attempt to rescue his birds.
Dave Power, secretary of the North of England Homing Union hopes more young people like Adam will take to the sport, which has a keen supporter in The Queen who keeps and races pigeons, and which is particularly popular in the North-East ( last month, thousands of enthusiasts descended on Peterlee in County Durham for a fanciers' convention.
Preparations are under way for the North of England Homing Union (NEHU) Pigeon Show, which is due to land in South Tyneside on Saturday.
The North of England Homing Union (NEHU) pigeon show has been running for over 40 years at various venues around the region, and will be held for a third time at the Temple Park Centre, in South Shields, on November 22.
The North of England Homing Union held its pigeon show in the Temple Park Centre, South Shields, for the first time last month.
The prestigious show run by the North of England Homing Union, was due to take place at the Temple Park Centre in South Shields.