THE North Yorkshire Moors Railway one of the first victims of the Beeching Axe in 1963 has risen from the ashes and is now the most popular heritage route in the world.
What does NYM stand for?
NYM stands for North Yorkshire Moors (UK railway)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NYM
We have 10 other meanings of NYM in our Acronym Attic
- Network Young Membrains
- New York Methodist (hospital)
- New York Mets
- New York Minute
- New York Mirror
- New York Moments
- New Yorker Magazine
- New Young Managers
- Nigerian Youth Movement (est. 1934)
- North York Moors
- Northern Yearly Meeting
- Not Your Mother's
- Nurture Your Mind (Singapore)
- New York Medical Alliance (est. 2001; Bronx, NY)
- New York Metropolitan Area
- New York Military Academy
- North Yorkshire Moors Association (est. 1984; UK)
- Northwest Youth Music Association (Washington and Oregon)
- New York Metro Alliance of Anarchists
- New York Metro Anarchist Alliance (New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
By 1973, the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR) was up and running with old steam locos travelling between Pickering and Grosmont.
Don't be so wet The North Yorkshire Moors have the lowest rainfall of all the nation's National Parks.
The alarm was raised after the vehicle was spotted under Muffels Bridge at Hartoft, near Cropton, on the North Yorkshire Moors yesterday.
Conservationists will set to work at 20 key locations, including Dartmoor, the New Forest in Hampshire, and the North Yorkshire Moors, to try to re-establish suitable habitats and encourage new colonies.
Swansea-born William Simons, known for his role as PC Alf Ventress in hit show Heartbeat, has lived in a cottage in the village of Goathland, on the North Yorkshire Moors, for the past 14 years.