00 Hardcover CG29 The North Pacific Marine Science Organization, also known as PICES--a unique collaboration among Pacific Rim nations to gain knowledge about the ocean they share--took two decades to come to fruition.
What does PICES stand for?
PICES stands for North Pacific Marine Science Organization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PICES
We have 2 other meanings of PICES in our Acronym Attic
- Primary Irritant Contact Dermatitis (dermatology)
- Projecto de Intervenção do Chafariz de Dentro (Lisboa, Portugal)
- Public Interest Career Day (college event)
- Pacific International College of English (Los Angeles, CA)
- Palaeoenvironments from Ice Cores (research group; Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research)
- Perth International College of English (Perth, Western Australia, Australia)
- Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers
- Potential Injury-Creating Event (disaster system)
- Programme of International Consultancy on Ecotourism
- Pacific Islands Center for Educational Development (American Samoa)
- Pacific International Council for the Exploration of the Sea
- Peak Isometric Cervical Extension Strength
- Performance and Innovation in the State Revolving Fund Creating Environmental Success (EPA)
- Processor Independent Correlation Exploitation System
- Purdue Interdisciplinary Center for Ecological Sustainability (Purdue University; Indiana)
- Partners in Care Foundation (California)
- Purdue Individual Couple and Family Therapy Clinic (Department of Child Development and Family Studies; Purdue University; West Lafayette, IN)
- Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance (Karachi, Pakistan)
- PCTE Interface Control Group
- Programme International de Conservation des Gorilles (French: International Gorilla Conservation Program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
20 Kyodo Some 450 scientists from 16 countries on Friday kicked off an annual conference of the North Pacific Marine Science Organization in Hakodate, Hokkaido, at which they will exchange information and report on recent research results.