Pickart and colleagues have now established that the North Icelandic Jet is a distinct current that supplies about half of the total water, as well as the densest water, that flows southward through the Denmark Strait and into the Ocean Conveyor.
What does NIJ stand for?
NIJ stands for North Icelandic Jet (ocean current)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NIJ
We have 3 other meanings of NIJ in our Acronym Attic
- Non-Intrusive Inspection Technology
- National Information Infrastructure Task Force
- National Injury Information Telephone Seminar
- National Infant Immunization Week (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- National Interoperability Information Exchange
- National Institute of Justice
- Network of Independent Journalists (est. 1993; Institute for Democracy in Eastern Europe)
- New Invisible Joy (band)
- Nigerian Institute of Journalism (Nigeria)
- Nikon Imaging Japan (est. 1988)
- National Independent Judicial Association
- Nintooa japonica
- Nijmeegse Aero Club (Nijmegen, Netherlands)
- Nijmeegse Studenten Alpen Club (Nijmegen, Netherlands)
- Northern Ireland Judicial Appointments Commission (est. 2005)
- Nederlandse Ijshockeybond (governing body of Dutch ice hockey)
- National Indian Justice Center
- Northern Ireland Judo Federation
- Northwest Indiana Junior Golf (Chesterton, IN)
- National Institute for Jewish Hospice (New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The current, called the North Icelandic Jet (NIJ), has contributed to a key component of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC), also known as the "great ocean conveyor belt", which is critically important for regulating Earth's climate.
The new current, the North Icelandic Jet, feeds the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation, a giant pattern known as the "great ocean conveyor belt," or by the disconcerting acronym AMOC, Reuters reported.