Retroflection eddies appear to carry a significant volume of South Atlantic water northward into the North Atlantic, short-circuiting the longer route around the gyre formed by the North Equatorial Countercurrent and the North Equatorial Current.
What does NEC stand for?
NEC stands for North Equatorial Current
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NEC
We have 366 other meanings of NEC in our Acronym Attic
- Niagara Escarpment Commission (Canada)
- Nijmeegse Eendrachts Combinatie
- Nippon Electric Company, Ltd. (Japan; now simply NEC)
- No End-Item Calibration
- Nome Eskimo Community (Nome, AK)
- Nominations and Elections Committee
- Non-Elective Contribution (to a qualified retirement plan)
- Non-Employee Compensation
- Non-Executive Chairman (various companies)
- North Eastern Coalfields (India)