A new North Atlantic Oscillation index and its variability.
What does NAOI stand for?
NAOI stands for North Atlantic Oscillation Index (weather and climate)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NAOI
We have 1 other meaning of NAOI in our Acronym Attic
- National Association for Outdoor Education (UK, now AFOL)
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering (academic department; various universities)
- Northwest Association of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (Seattle, WA)
- Northmead Assembly of God (Zambia)
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Nebraska Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Inc.
- National Association of Occupational Health Professionals
- National Association of Oil Heating Service Managers
- National Association of Online Investors (Washington, DC)
- North American Outdoor Institute (est. 2004; Wasilla, AK)
- National Association of Office and Industrial Properties
- National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
- National Association of Orchestra Leaders
- Networks Are Our Lives (est. 1981; New Jersey)
- North American Online
- Naturwissenschaftliche Arbeitsgemeinschaft Obertshausen Mosbach (German environmental science organization)
- National Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance
- National Archive of Memorial Inscriptions (database; UK)
- National Association of the Ovulation Method of Ireland (Dublin, Ireland)
- Native American Outreach Ministries, Inc. (Joseph City, AZ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2] is the coefficient of delayed density dependence due to trophic interactions; and NAO refers to the coefficient of the North Atlantic Oscillation index.
The figure on the opposite page shows the LSW temperature record overplotted with a smoothed version of the North Atlantic Oscillation index, an expression of the relative strength of the atmospheric westerlies (see box on page 13).