The present study aims to evaluate the linear trends of ice events for a 60-year period (1950-2009) in eight lakes of Karelia and define their relationship with the global parameter variability of the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) index and the regional characteristics of the air temperature, as well as to improve a previously developed empirical model for assessment of ice events due to climatic effects.
What does NOA stand for?
NOA stands for North Atlantic Oscillation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NOA
We have 84 other meanings of NOA in our Acronym Attic
- New Operational Automation System (Japan)
- New Orleans Arena
- New Orleans Association (New Orleans, LA)
- Night of Artists (event and magazine)
- Nintendo Of America
- Nintendo of Australia
- Non-Operating Aircraft
- None of the Above (Wristwatch Brand)
- Nonobstructive Azoospermia
- Noroeste Argentino (Spanish: Argentine North West Region)
- Northwest Orient Airlines
- Norwegians of America (gaming clan)
- Not Otherwise Authorized
- Notes on Anthropology (journal)
- Notice of Acceptance (Miami-Dade County Building Code Compliance Office)
- Notice of Action
- Notice of Adjustment
- Notice of Allowance (US Patent and Trademark Office)
- Notice of Arrival (US Coast Guard)
- Notice of Assessment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some of the answers for this lie in the jet stream which is meandering north to south and the North Atlantic Oscillation, where high pressure develops to the north of the UK and low pressure to the south causes unusual pressure and wind patterns over the UK.
On top of the soft management of thunderstorm statistics, long-term climate factors such as the El Nino-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) phenomenon, North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO), and even natural variables in local meteorological conditions.
North Atlantic Oscillation -Fog Electric The second album from the Edinburgh duo Sam Healy and Ben Martin is a synth pop chillout gem.
NORTH Atlantic Oscillation - the Edinburgh-based duo featuring Rugby lad Ben Martin on drums, synths and programming - release new album Fog Electric on April 30.
North Atlantic Oscillation - Marrow All of two minutes and six seconds long.