Patients who received diacetylmorphine through the North American Opiate Medication Initiative were more likely to stay in treatment, reduce their use of illegal drugs, and scale back other illegal activities than were those given methadone.
What does NAOMI stand for?
NAOMI stands for North American Opiate Medication Initiative (clinical trial; Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAOMI
We have 7 other meanings of NAOMI in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Orchestra Leaders
- Networks Are Our Lives (est. 1981; New Jersey)
- North American Online
- Naturwissenschaftliche Arbeitsgemeinschaft Obertshausen Mosbach (German environmental science organization)
- National Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance
- National Archive of Memorial Inscriptions (database; UK)
- National Association of the Ovulation Method of Ireland (Dublin, Ireland)
- Native American Outreach Ministries, Inc. (Joseph City, AZ)
- New Arcade Operation Machine Idea (Sega)
- North American OpenMath Initiative
- Notice on Agreements of Minor Importance (EU)
- Navy Material Transportation Office Operations and Management Information System
- National Association Of Medical Reserve Corps
- National Association of Nurses (National Association of Government Employees)
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses
- NATO Air Operations Net
- Natural Advantage of Nations (textbook)
- North American Ocean Noise Coalition
- National Association of Optometrists and Opticians (Ohio)
- National Aviation Operations Officer
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the North American Opiate Medication Initiative study, heroin-assisted treatment plus methadome maintenance produced marked improvements in the subjects' health and reduced illegal activity, leading the investigators to conclude that heroin-assisted treatment is effective in North America as well as Europe.