Its concerns are the reasons for Canada's exchange rate regime choices, from the birth of the Canadian dollar in the 1850s to discussions of North American Monetary Union (or NAMU, as the inelegant acronym runs) over the turn of the 21st century.
What does NAMU stand for?
NAMU stands for North American Monetary Union
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NAMU
- Naval Air Maintenance Training Group (Detachment)
- Naval Air Maintenance Training Group Detachment
- Naval Air Maintenance Training Unit
- Naval Aviation Maintenance Trainer Suite
- Navy Afloat Maintenance Training Strategy
- North American MAP/TOP Users Group
- National Art Museum of Ukraine (est. 1998; Kiev, Ukraine)
- National Association of Mortgage Underwriters (Washington, DC)
- Naval Aircraft Material (US Navy)
- Naval Aircraft Modification Unit (Johnsville, PA)
- North American Motorcycle Union
- Northern Aeronautical Maintenance Unit (CAA)
- Newton Area Macintosh Users Group (Newton, IA)
- North American Model United Nations (conference; Toronto; journal)
- Normenarbeitsgemeinschaft für Mess- Und Regeltechnik in der Chemischen Industrie
- National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (US DOJ)
- Nandina Mosaic Virus
- National Association of Mortgage Victims (UK)
- North American Motor Vehicle Emissions Control Conference
- Nail as My Witness (youth ministry; Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
First, he suggests that the proponents of a North American monetary union failed to take account of the political-historical obstacles facing their proposals, which explains why they were not adopted.
The study calls for a North American Monetary Union that includes Canada, the United States and Mexico.