Their material came from Early Oligocene Orellan and Whitneyan North American Land Mammal Age (NALMA) sites in the park (see discussion in 1).
What does NALMA stand for?
NALMA stands for North American Land Mammal Age
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NALMA
We have 1 other meaning of NALMA in our Acronym Attic
- National Association for Lay Ministry (Washington, DC)
- National Association of Lift Makers (UK)
- Native American Legal Materials
- Native American Lives Matter
- New Adult Learning Movement
- No Answer, Left Message
- Nonlinear Amplifying Loop Mirror (electrical engineering)
- National Aboriginal Lands Managers Association (Ontario, Canada)
- National Asset Liability Management Association
- Norwegian Archive Library and Museum Authority
- Norway Air Landed Marine Air Ground Task Force
- interNational Association of Lighting Management Companies
- Norway Air-Landed Marine Expeditionary Brigade
- Norway Air Landed Marine Expeditionary Force
- Norfolk Arable Land Management Initiative (UK)
- North American Lake Management Society
- Northern Allstars Late Model Series (Bloomington, IL)
- Nasionale Afrikaanse Letterkunde Museum en Navorsingsentrum (RSA)
- National Arts Learning Network (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Based on mammalian faunas published from other Fleming outcrops and mammalian biostratigraphy (Albright 1998), it appears that this particular outcrop (in the lower part of the Fleming Formation) likely is within the Hemingfordian North American Land Mammal Age in the early Miocene.
In 1995 I described a new species of turtle, Emydoidea hutchisoni, from the Middle Miocene (Barstovian North American Land Mammal Age [16.