Authorities removed the Muslim prayer leaders from the Phoenix-bound flight in November 2006 while they were returning home from a conference of the North American Imams Federation in Minneapolis.
What does NAIF stand for?
NAIF stands for North American Imams Federation (Islamic organization; est. 2002; various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAIF
We have 4 other meanings of NAIF in our Acronym Attic
- Negative Affect-Induced Eating (food addiction research)
- Nevada Arts in Education
- National American Indian Enrollment Agency (Grants, NM)
- Naval Aviation Industrial Executive Board
- National Association for Industry Education Cooperation
- Nanjing Association for International Exchange of Personnel
- Núcleo de Apoio à Internacionalização de Empresas Portuguesas
- National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research
- National Association of Investment Fiduciaries (advocacy group)
- Navigation Ancillary Information Facility (US NASA)
- Northern Australia Irrigation Futures (est. 2003)
- Nashville Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (Brentwood, TN)
- National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (formerly NALU)
- Nevada Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- North American Ice Fishing Championship
- North American Ice Fishing Circuit
- North American Indoor Football League
- North American Indigenous Games
- North American Industrial Gases (Praxair, Inc.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The imams, who were headed back to Arizona after attending a conference of the North American Imams Federation in Minneapolis, Minnesota, were accused of "suspicious behavior" for praying before boarding their flight, for sitting in seats spread across the Phoenix, Arizona-bound plane, for criticizing U.
Ellison, a convert to Sunni Islam, has been closely allied to the North American Imams Federation, which reportedly teaches that Islam is incompatible with America's constitutional republican form of government and that all laws that conflict with Islamic law are unacceptable.