US: US fighter jets intercepted two small planes over Camp David, the US presidential retreat, in separate incidents on Saturday, the North American Aerospace Defense Command announced.
What does NORAD stand for?
NORAD stands for North American Aerospace Defense Command (formerly North American Air Defense Command)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NORAD
We have 2 other meanings of NORAD in our Acronym Attic
- Nothing on Record Against (Law And Order TV show)
- Notice of Realty Action
- Notice of Reassessment (taxes)
- Normalized Residual Activity at 20 Minutes
- Nationaal Overleg Regionale Audiovisuele Archieven (Dutch: National Audiovisual Archives Regional Discussion; Netherlands)
- New Orleans Regional Alliance against Abuse (New Orleans, LA)
- No Radio Contact (Air Traffic Control)
- Northeast Operating Rules Advisory Committee (railroad)
- Northumberland Aquatic Club (Canada)
- New Outer Ring Allied Democracy (gaming)
- Norwegian Agency for Development Co-Operation
- NORAD Orientation Cruise
- North American Air Defense Exercise
- Norges Arnis Forbund
- Department of International Environment and Development Studies (Norwegian University of Life Sciences)
- Irish Northern Aid Committee
- North America
- North American Technologies Corporation (California)
- National Oil Refinery Action Network (Communities for a Better Environment)
- New Orleans Regional AIDS Planning Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
Four days after Rice's April 8 testimony, the Project on Government Oversight released documents from the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) describing exercises that anticipated--in eerie detail--the 9-11 terrorist attacks.
Nasdaq: SINT), an information technology and network solutions (IT) company, announced recently that it has been awarded a contract to provide command and control (C2) modernization engineering and technical services support to North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), and Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) for defining, developing, fielding, testing, and sustaining their next generation Combatant Commander's Integrated Command and Control System (CCIC2S).
Northern Command and the North American Aerospace Defense Command, at Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
Thanks to the North American Aerospace Defense Command in Colorado, you can monitor his journey online at www.