] Van de Griend AA and M Owe On the relationship between thermal emissivity and the normalized difference vegetation index for natural surfaces.
What does NDVI stand for?
NDVI stands for Normalized Difference Vegetation Index
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NDVI
We have 4 other meanings of NDVI in our Acronym Attic
- Normalized Difference Vegetation (Index)
- North Derbyshire Voluntary Action (UK)
- Navy Disease Vector Ecology and Control Center (Bangor, WA)
- National Defence Volunteer Forces (Lithuania)
- Niger Delta Volunteer Force
- Nottinghamshire Domestic Violence Forum (UK)
- National Domestic Violence Fatality Review Initiative (Waco, TX)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Natural Dose-Volume Histogram
- Non Descent Vaginal Hysterectomy (surgical procedure)
- Normalized Digital Vegetation Index
- National Domestic Violence Intervention Agency
- Norwegian Door and Window Control
- Navy Distributed Virtual Library
- North Dorset Village Marathon (UK)
- North Dakota Veterinary Medical Association
- Nederlands Detachement Verenigde Naties (Dutch: the Netherlands Detachment United Nations)
- Network Digital Video Recorder
- National Development Volunteer Service (Nepal)
- Niger Delta Vigilante Service (Nigeria)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) distinguishes vegetation density and health by examining the photosynthetic efficiency of plants.
The landscape elements considered were elevation, normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI), precipitation, annual cumulative air temperature, land surface temperature, soil type, and land use.
Using Pacific and Indian Ocean sea-surface temperature anomalies, coupled with satellite normalized difference vegetation index data, Linthicum et al.
Tools include satellite imagery based on the Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) and data on crop variables measured in farm fields.