RT-PCR NS1Ag IgM IgG ND 1 - + - - ME 2 DENV-3 + - - ME 3 - + + - M 4 - - + + M 5 - - + + Brain tumor; M 6 - - + M 7 - + - - ME 8 - - + + M * RT-PCR, reverse transcription PCR; NS1Ag, nonstructural protein 1 antigen; ND, neurologic diagnosis; -, negative; +, positive; ME, meningoencephalitis; DENV, dengue virus; M, meningitis; CSF, cerebrospinal fluid; AST, aspartate aminotransferase; ALT, alanine aminotransferase; CT, computed tomography; IHC, immunohistochemical test.
What does NS1 stand for?
NS1 stands for Nonstructural Protein 1
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NS1
We have 5 other meanings of NS1 in our Acronym Attic
- National Security/Emergency Procedures
- No Smoking/Fasten Seat Belt (aircraft)
- Nodular Sclerosis or Lymphocyte Predominant
- No Sabe/No Responde (Spanish: Do Not Know/Does Not Answer; surveys)
- Nuclear Subsystem Evaluation Team
- Nuclear Survivability/Vulnerability Program Plan
- Naval Science One
- Network Security 1 (educational course)
- Network Survivability - Single Link Failure
- Non Structural 1
- Noonan Syndrome
- Narrow Sheath-2 (botany)
- Network Survivability - Double Link Failure
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Supercomputing Support Services (US NASA)
- Netscape 3
- Network Survivability - Triple Link Failure
- Non-Structural 3 Protein (immunology)
- Netscape 4
- Net Solution for Business
- Nottinghamshire Skills for Life Partnership (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We can detect acute dengue infections in acute phase sera by means of virus isolation or PCR (8-10) or by detection of circulating dengue nonstructural protein 1 (NS1) (4) (11) using an antigen-detection ELISA (12-14); but commercially available methods (15, 16) are slow, cumbersome, and costly.
Vaccine developers also may be able to use this process to engineer the influenza virus genome to express an altered version of nonstructural protein 1 (NS1).
The alphavirus-specific primer set (AL-2: 5'-AAG CTY CGC GTC CTT TAC CAA AG-3' and AL-3: 5'-GTG GTG TCA AAC CCT ATC CA-3') targeted a consensus region of the nonstructural protein 1 (nspl) genes to detect all alphaviruses.
37 Between envelope protein and nonstructural protein 1 H -9.
At least 3 different primer pairs specific for envelope glycoprotein E1 (E1), glycoprotein E2 (E2), and nonstructural protein 1 (nsP1) genes of CHIKV were used (4,5).
In influenza viruses, the nonstructural protein 1 inhibits the interferon-mediated antiviral response.
Live Influenza Virus Vaccines with Altered Nonstructural Protein 1 Genes The ability to site specifically engineering changes in the influenza virus genome also allows us to consider novel vaccine approaches.