Washington, April 25 ( ANI ): Dietary substitution of saturated fats enriched in medium chain triglycerides (MCT) for polyunsaturated fat prevents the development of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), according to new research.
What does NAFLD stand for?
NAFLD stands for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- National Association of Freight Logistics (Dubai, UAE)
- Nearly Antiferromagnetic Fermi Liquids
- Netherlands Antilles Florin (currency)
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver (disease)
- North American Football League (semi-professional; Eden Prairie, MN)
- Sodium Fluoride
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (Washington, DC)
- Newmarket-Aurora Federal Liberal Association (Canada)
- North Atlantic Fuzzy Lop Association
- Naval Air Facilities, Atlantic
- National Association of Federally Licensed Firearms Dealers (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- National Association for Leisure Industry Certification (United Kingdom)
- National Association of Freelance Legal Professionals (est. 2008)
- North American Fleet, Lease, and Remarketing Operations (Ford automobiles)
- National Federation of Labor Unions
- National Armed Forces Museum
- National Association of Family Ministries (Oklahoma City, OK)
- National Association of Farmers' Markets
- National Australia Financial Management Limited
- Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (financial services regulator)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hepatic fibrosis is a common result of different chronic liver diseases caused by viral infections, alcohol abuse, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), autoimmune disease, and metabolic/genetic disorders.
An additional 15 to 30 percent of Americans have excess fat in their livers, but no inflammation or liver damage, a condition called "fatty liver" or the non-progressive form of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is one of the most common chronic liver diseases worldwide and is closely associated with metabolic syndromes, such as obesity, diabetes, and insulin resistance.
FROM THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF LIVER DISEASES SAN FRANCISCO - Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is common in adolescent girls with polycystic ovaries, and its presence coincides with worse metabolic derangements, according to Australian researchers.
Abdominal ultrasound for diagnosis of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
Presented in a point/counterpoint format with a concluding expert opinion, controversies relate to liver tumors, cirrhosis, hepatitis, and liver diseases and include whether living donor liver transplantation should be considered in adult acute liver failure, whether hepatitis C should be treated in patients with chronic kidney disease prior to transplant, whether to adhere to the "6-month rule" for recent history of alcohol abuse in liver transplant candidates, and whether liver biopsy should be performed in all patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.