Among their topics are non-uniform rational B-splines and their use is analyzing linear problems, vibrations and wave propagation, nonlinear isogeometric analysis, fluids, higher-order partial differential equations, and some additional geometry.
What does NURBS stand for?
NURBS stands for Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline (mathematical algorithm used in computer graphics especially CAD)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 3 other meanings of NURBS in our Acronym Attic
- National University of Rwanda
- Net Unit Return
- Network Unavailability Rate
- Nitrate Utilization Rate
- Nuristani (linguistics)
- Northglenn Urban Renewal Authority (Colorado)
- Netted Universal Radar System
- Nonuniform Rational B-Splines
- National Undergraduate Research Clearinghouse
- National Undersea Research Center (US NOAA)
- National Underwater Robotics Challenge (est. 2007)
- National Unity and Reconciliation Commission (Rwanda)
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Undersea Research Centre (La Spezia, Italy)
- Non-Unit-Related Cargo (US DoD)
- Nottingham & Union Rowing Club (UK)
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) Undersea Research Center for the Southeastern United States and Gulf of Mexico
- Northern Utah Radio Controlled Aircraft Club (Ogden, UT)
- National Urban and Reconstruction Agency (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rhino, from Robert McNeel & Associates (Seattle, WA), is an extremely inexpensive, Windows-based, free-form 3D modeling program that handles non-uniform rational B-spline (NURBS) curves, surfaces, and solids.
The Maya Artisan tool in the software has been upgraded to with polygon surfaces as well as Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline, or NURBS, that are mathematical representations of a 3D object.