of Southern California, US), contributes to the issue by examining cases where campuses have implemented changes to policies in response to the growing population of non-tenure track faculty, such as implementing multi-year contracts, developing orientation appropriate to contingent faculty, and providing professional development options.
What does NTTF stand for?
NTTF stands for Non-Tenure Track Faculty (various universities)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NTTF
We have 4 other meanings of NTTF in our Acronym Attic
- North Texas Technology Council
- North Texas Textbook Coordinators Association
- National Transit Transport Coordinating Committees
- Naval Technical Training Center Detachment
- North Texas Tres Dias (Spanish: North Texas Three Days)
- North Texas Traditional Dance Society
- National Right to Read Foundation
- National Telecommunications Task Force (various schools)
- Nettur Technical Training Foundation
- Network Test and Training Facility
- Norges Tannteknikerforbund (Norwegian: Norway Dental Technician Association; Fagernes, Norway)
- Non-Tenure Track Faculty Association
- National Trade and Transport Facilitation Committee (Ministry of Commerce - Pakistan)
- Needle to the Groove
- Northern Tier Transmission Group (northwest and mountain states; US)
- North Texas Third Gen Association (car club)
- New Trier Township High School (Illinois)
- Nairobi Technical Training Institute (Kenya)
- National Tanning Training Institute
- National Teacher Training Institute (est. 1989)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Historically, the Oregon Employee Relations Board has generally preferred broader and more inclusive unions, such as the ones at PSU, WOU and EOU - all of which include tenure-track and non-tenure track faculty together.
This week's poll question: Q: The growing ratio of adjunct and other non-tenure track faculty to tenured and tenure-track faculty is a healthy trend in U.
He said part-time, adjunct faculty report staying at a single community college six to seven years on average--but full-time, non-tenure track faculty are often churned out after four to five years.
Reliance on Part-Time and Adjunct Faculty These economic forces facilitate greater reliance upon non-tenure track faculty members and more frequent calls to abolish tenure.
An American Council of Education report shows that business schools, with the exception of medical schools, had the highest percentage of full-time non-tenure track faculty, and that part-time business faculty were close to 50 percent of the total in 1998.