Some of the topics to be covered in this 2-hour Live webcast are: - Taxation of resident and non-resident aliens - Special rules for temporary aliens - Tax withholding of foreign persons - Tax treaties - Forms and due dates - Miscellaneous international tax issues - Developments in international taxation Speakers/Faculty Panel John L.
What does NRA stand for?
NRA stands for Non-Resident Alien
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NRA
We have 207 other meanings of NRA in our Acronym Attic
- Network Readiness Assessment
- Network Resource Architecture
- Neural Representational Assembly
- Niagara Redevelopment Act
- Nippon Ramen Association (Japan)
- Nippon Romantist Association (Nippon, Japan)
- Nitrate Reductase Activity (botany)
- No Repair Action
- Non Resident American
- Non-Refundable Amount
- Nonregistered Accountable
- Normal Retirement Age
- Northern Rivers Area (Australia)
- Nouvelle Réglementation Acoustique (French: New Acoustic Regulations; sound insulation)
- Nuclear Reaction Analysis
- Nuclear Regulation Authority (Japan)
- Nuclear Resonant Absorption
- Occupation Postal Tax (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action
- National Rifle Association - Political Victory Foundation/Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
Non-Resident Alien Withholding: We raised with the IRS concerns that they were going to commence audits of non-financial institutions related to documentation (Form W8 series), withholding, and reporting (Form 1042S) compliance related to items such as vendor payments and royalties without involving the community.
Other kinds of entities and individuals, including non-resident aliens, partnerships, corporations and IRAs, could not own S stock.
A taxpayer is treated as unmarried, for purposes of being eligible to use the head of household filing status, if the taxpayer was married to a non-resident alien at any time during the year.
Local offices may refuse to issue a social security number to a non-resident alien with a J-1 visa even though they are required and able to do so.
I was really stung because I was a non-resident alien - there are all these loopholes to keep the money i n the country.