A 32-year-old male that had previously been healthy presented to our clinic with fatigue, blurred vision, non-productive cough, and sore throat that began 10 d earlier.
What does NPC stand for?
NPC stands for Non-Productive Cough
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NPC
We have 403 other meanings of NPC in our Acronym Attic
- Noise Pollution Clearinghouse
- Noise Pollution Control (Canada)
- Non Profit Commons (Second Life video game)
- Non-Cooperative Power Control
- Non-Deterministic Polynomial-Time Complete
- Non-Permanent Change (US Navy)
- Non-Playable Characters (role playing games)
- Non-Player Character
- Non-Playing Captain (bridge card game)
- Non-Playing Computer (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Clinicians and patients commonly believe that yellow and green phlegm production is associated with a bacterial infection, which is more likely to benefit from antibiotic treatment compared to non-productive cough or cough that produces clear phlegm.
It has a very specific presentation a hacking, non-productive cough and headache that is worsened by the coughing.
Dry, tickly coughs - which do not produce phlegm - are known as non-productive coughs.
c)Miriam Stoppard TREATING A TROUBLESOME COUGH THERE are two types of cough: a productive cough in which phlegm is produced, and a non-productive cough, in which there is no phlegm.
A non-productive cough will normally settle on its own, but if you want to try a cough medicine go for a suppressant (see Cough Medicine, right).