Perhaps the most often complained-about issue with the first game was the lack of freedom, branching storylines and towns full of non-player characters (NCPs) to explore.
What does NPC stand for?
NPC stands for Non-Player Character
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of NPC
We have 403 other meanings of NPC in our Acronym Attic
- Niue Power Corporation (Niue Island, New Zealand)
- No Patient Contact (medical)
- No Periodic Calibration
- Noise Pollution Clearinghouse
- Noise Pollution Control (Canada)
- Non Profit Commons (Second Life video game)
- Non-Cooperative Power Control
- Non-Deterministic Polynomial-Time Complete
- Non-Permanent Change (US Navy)
- Non-Playable Characters (role playing games)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another nice addition are the morality situations, where you are presented with options to kill or walk away from non-player characters in-game.
In terms of new content, significant steps have been taken to improve the payability of a popular Hazard Zone, called the Hollows, and Non-Player Character encounters have been rebalanced, including improved rates of respawning, new villain groups and the inclusion of a new mobile hospital at the entrance to the zone.
It makes non-player characters react to what is happening, rather than run through a repeated, scripted performance.