With this in mind Tisch wanted to determine whether these non-depleting antibodies could have a therapeutic effect in the non-obese diabetic, or NOD mouse, an excellent model for human Type 1 diabetes.
What does NOD stand for?
NOD stands for Non-Obese Diabetic (strain of laboratory mouse)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NOD
We have 79 other meanings of NOD in our Acronym Attic
- Network Outward Dialing
- New Order of Destruction (gaming)
- New Orleans District (USACE)
- NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai) On Demand (Japan Broadcasting Corporation)
- Night Observation Device
- Night of Darkness (music event)
- Nightingale on Demand (computer application for physicians and healthcare providers)
- Nitric Oxide Dioxygenase
- Nitrogenous Oxygen Demand
- No Obvious Deformities
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Type 1 Diabetes PhysioLabA Platform is a large-scale mathematical model of disease pathogenesis based on non-obese diabetic (NOD) mice.