Some of the complications of obesity include cardiovascular disease, non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, obstructive pulmonary disease, arthritis and cancer.
What does NIDDM stand for?
NIDDM stands for Non-Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Northern Indiana District Church of the Brethren
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (US National Institutes of Health; formerly National Institute of Dental Research)
- National Institute on Developmental Delays (Shawnee, OK)
- National Intellectual Disability Database (Ireland)
- Non-Insulin-Dependent Diabetes
- National Iodine Deficiency Disorders Control Program (India)
- National Iodine Deficiency Disorders Elimination Programme (WHO)
- Navy/Industry Digital Data Exchange Standards Committee
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIH)
- Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes in the Young
- National Initiatives in Drug Education (school drug education; Australia)
- Network For Inclusive Distance Education (Canada)
- Network for International Development and Cooperation (Switzerland)
- Next-generation Intrusion Detection Expert System
- North Island Distance Education School (Canada)
- National Indigenous Documentary Fund (Australia)
- Necrotically-Inflammatory Damage of Foot
- Nederlands Instituut Digitale Fotografie (Dutch: Dutch Institute for Digital Photography; est. 2000; Netherlands)
- National Institute of Deserts, Flora and Fauna (Ministry of Nature Protection; Turkmenistan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Influence of reduced glutathione infusion on glucose metabolism in patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
Fajans, who has gathered data on six generations of the lineage, found that family members suffered non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM), also called type II diabetes.
The drugs, known as thiazolidinediones, are being tested in clinical trials as a treatment for non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM).