Hormonal therapy in the form of combination oral contraceptive pills has been shown to help treat both inflammatory acne lesions (the papules, pustules and painful nodules under the skin), and non-inflammatory acne lesions (blackheads and whiteheads).
What does NIA stand for?
NIA stands for Non-Inflammatory Acne (dermatology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NIA
We have 183 other meanings of NIA in our Acronym Attic
- Neural Impulse Actuator (brain-computer interface)
- Neuromuscular Integrative Action (mind-body-spirit fitness technique)
- Nevis Island Administration
- New Indo-Aryan (linguistics)
- New Iraqi Army
- Newcastle International Airport (England; also see NCL)
- Nigerian Institute of Architects (est. 1960)
- Niigata International Association (Japan)
- No Information Available
- Non-Impact Aerobics (exercise)
- Non-Instructed Advocacy
- Noobs in Action (gaming)
- Northern and Isolation Allowance (Canadian physician incentive)
- Not in Attendance (school)
- Notice of Intended Action (various locations)
- Nuclear Industry Association (UK)
- Number Of Imposter Attempts (biometrics)
- Nursing Informatics Australia (Health Informatics Society of Australia)
- National Institute on Aging and Reagan Institute
- National Indian Athletic Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Efficacy of antibiotic treatment for acne is very good, especially for inflammatory acne, and antibiotics are frequently used in combination with all-trans retinoic acid for non-inflammatory acne.