Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) is the energy used for everything other than sleeping, eating or conventional exercise.
What does NEAT stand for?
NEAT stands for Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NEAT
We have 77 other meanings of NEAT in our Acronym Attic
- Network of East Asian Think-Tanks
- Networks for Endangered Animal Tracking
- Neue Eisenbahn Alpen Transversale (Switzerland)
- Neue Eisenbahn-Alpentransversale (German: New European Alpine Transit)
- Neuro Emotional Anti-Sabotage Technique
- Neuroevolution of Augmenting Topologies (genetic algorithm)
- New Employee Automated Training
- New England Area Theatre
- New European Apprenticeship Tutor
- Nice Easy And Tight
- North European Aerospace Test Range (Sweden)
- Northampton Electric Auto Team (high school electric vehicle team)
- Nuclear Emergency Assistance & Training Center (Japan Atomic Energy Agency)
- Nuclear Employment Augmentation Team (DTRA)
- Nutrition Education and Training (program)
- Network for European Accurate Time and Frequency Transfer (joint research project)
- North European Amateur Theatre Alliance
- Northern Examinations and Assessment Board (UK)
- New England Association of Teachers of English
- New England Art Therapy Institute (Center for Creative Consciousness, Inc.; Sunderland, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The prevailing focus on moderate to vigorous activity in childhood means there is limited objective information on either sedentary behaviour or non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT), the energy expended during the activities of daily living.