The desirable, high UFA content of milk in groups M and H resulted from enhanced fat reserve mobilization and increased supply of non-esterified fatty acids (NEFA) to the udder.
What does NEFA stand for?
NEFA stands for Non-Esterified Fatty Acids
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NEFA
We have 50 other meanings of NEFA in our Acronym Attic
- Number of Eye Fixations
- Nursery Education Funding (UK)
- Nucleotide Excision Repair Factor 2
- Near End Failure
- New England Flying disc Association
- New England Foundation for the Arts (Boston, Massachusetts)
- New England Franchise Association
- New European Fighter Aircraft
- Nine Eleven Finding Answers (Foundation)
- No Excuse for Abuse (Utah physical and substance abuse treatment group)
- North East Freeride Association (UK)
- North East Frontier Agency (India)
- New England Fine Arts and Antiques Fair (Massachusetts)
- North East Federation of Anarchist Communists (formerly North East Federation of Anarcho-Communists)
- North East Federation of Anarcho-Communists (now North East Federation of Anarchist Communists)
- New England Fire Apparatus Maintenance Association (North Falmouth, MA)
- Northeast Florida Association of Realtors
- Northeast Florida Association of Rocketry
- Northeast Florida Astronomical Society
- Neftekamsky Avtomobilny Zavod (Russian vehicle factory)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pan blames what he calls the obesogenic environment of the mother, which includes increased triglycerides, high levels of the hormone leptin, and elevated amounts of non-esterified fatty acids (NEFAs) circulating in the obese expectant mother's body.
Our portfolio includes automatable assays for total complement activity (CH50), non-esterified fatty acids (NEFA), bilirubin, HDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.