a world leader in the discovery and development of RNAi-based therapeutics, today announced interim results from the first two cohorts of its Open Label, first-in-human Phase I clinical study of QPI-1007, the Company's proprietary synthetic siRNA drug candidate for ocular neuroprotection, in patients with recent onset of non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION).
What does NAAION stand for?
NAAION stands for Non-Arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (ophthalmology)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Nigerian Achievers Awards Institute (UK)
- Non-Analog Antifolate Inhibitors (pharmacology)
- North American Associated Inspectors (building inspections)
- National African-American Insurance Association
- North American Alliance for International Aid (Davie, Florida)
- National Association of Asian Indian Christians
- Newfoundland Association of the Appraisal Institute of Canada, Inc.
- North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference
- National Advisory Allergy and Infectious Diseases Council
- National Association of Advisers and Inspectors in Design and Technology
- National Association for the Advancement of Indian People
- National Association of Accredited Insurance Professionals
- National Automated Archival Information Retrieval System (South Africa)
- National Association of Approved Internet Services (UK)
- North American Association of Inventory Services (est. 1981)
- National Association of African Journalists (Washington, DC)
- National Association of Agricultural Journalists (est. 1952; Bryan, TX)
- North American Actuarial Journal
- North American Agricultural Journalists
- National Arab American Journalists Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
As with other PDE5 inhibitors, the use of tadalafil is contraindicated in patients who are taking nitrates, for those who have cardiac disease in whom sexual activity is not advisable and for those patients with non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION).
This type of blindness is called NAION, or non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy and can appear in men who are diabetic or have heart disease.