13 ( ANI ): A new study has found compelling evidence that shows that consumption of both high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and sucrose (table sugar) at levels consistent with average daily consumption does not increase liver fat in humans - a leading cause of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
What does NAFL stand for?
NAFL stands for Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver (disease)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NAFL
We have 13 other meanings of NAFL in our Acronym Attic
- National Automated Fingerprint Identification System
- Navigational Aid Flight Inspection System
- Non-Appropriated Funds Information Standard System
- North American Forest Insect Work Conference (Texas A&M University)
- National Alliance of Faith and Justice (Washington, DC)
- Not Away from Keyboard
- National Association Football League
- National Association of Freight Logistics (Dubai, UAE)
- Nearly Antiferromagnetic Fermi Liquids
- Netherlands Antilles Florin (currency)
- North American Football League (semi-professional; Eden Prairie, MN)
- Sodium Fluoride
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (Washington, DC)
- Newmarket-Aurora Federal Liberal Association (Canada)
- North Atlantic Fuzzy Lop Association
- Naval Air Facilities, Atlantic
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- National Association of Federally Licensed Firearms Dealers (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- National Association for Leisure Industry Certification (United Kingdom)
- National Association of Freelance Legal Professionals (est. 2008)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ISLAMABAD -- An omega-3 fatty acid counteracts the effect of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), afflicting 75 percent of the obese, says a new study.
The 2010 published 16-week, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study with non-diabetic, obese patients showed that Xanthigen lowered liver fat, body weight, and improved liver markers in volunteers with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is a clinical situation between simple steatosis and steatohepatitis.
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is the most common cause of chronic liver disease in the world, (1-3) affecting about a third of the USA's population.