A target band would apply around the central parity, while the crawl denotes the continuous adjustment of the trade-weighted nominal effective exchange rate, by reference to the domestic inflation target relative to forecast inflation among trading partners.
What does NEER stand for?
NEER stands for Nominal Effective Exchange Rate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NEER
We have 4 other meanings of NEER in our Acronym Attic
- Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships Inc.
- Nuclear Electronic Effects Program (NASA)
- Nuclear Engineering and Engineering Physics (various locations)
- North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (India)
- New England in Early Printed Maps
- NorthEastern Evolutionary Psychology Society (various locations)
- National Environmental Employment Report (career opportunity publication)
- Network for Early European Research (Australian Research Council; School of Humanities; University of Western Australia; Crawley, Western Australia, Australia)
- New England Economic Review (publication)
- New England Equine Rescues (nonprofit)
- Nuclear Engineering Education Research
- National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (Nagpur, India)
- New England Electric Resources, Inc. (New England Electric System)
- Nominal Effective Exchange Rate Index (various locations)
- New England Educational Research Organization (New Hampshire)
- North-East Emergency Reconstruction Programme (Sri Lanka)
- New England Estuarine Research Society
- National Electric Energy System (Iowa State University of Science and Technology; Ames, IA)
- Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation (National Science Foundation)
- New England Ecotourism Society (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The yuan's nominal effective exchange rate (NEER), its value before inflation adjustments, rose 0.
] (1) where: S--the stock market index in Poland, Y--real output, B--government borrowing, M--the money supply, R--the real interest rate in Poland, E--the nominal effective exchange rate (An increase means appreciation), [[pi].
Hence, for China's trading partners, the real exchange rate is defined as R* = EP/P*, (1b) where E is the weighted nominal effective exchange rate of China's trading partners, the inverse of trading partners' exchange rate against the yuan, or E = 1/e, so that a depreciation of the yuan is an appreciation of trading partner currencies.
According to the Bank for International Settlements, the nominal effective exchange rate index for the RMB increased by 40.
In fact, we find that movements in the nominal effective exchange rate are correlated with movements in other macroeconomic variables in many economies, both developed and developing.