EarthEar tithes a portion of its revenues to such worthy causes as the Nature Sounds Society, the World Forum for Acoustic Ecology, the Ocean Mammal Institute and the Noise Pollution Clearinghouse.
What does NPC stand for?
NPC stands for Noise Pollution Clearinghouse
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NPC
We have 403 other meanings of NPC in our Acronym Attic
- Nile Petroleum Company (Malaysia)
- NIMA Production Cell
- Nintendo Puzzle Collection
- Nippon Paper Chemicals (Japan)
- Nippon Precision Casting (Japan)
- Nippon Precision Circuits (Japan)
- Nitrogen Purge Control (US NASA)
- Niue Power Corporation (Niue Island, New Zealand)
- No Patient Contact (medical)
- No Periodic Calibration
- Noise Pollution Control (Canada)
- Non Profit Commons (Second Life video game)
- Non-Cooperative Power Control
- Non-Deterministic Polynomial-Time Complete
- Non-Permanent Change (US Navy)
- Non-Playable Characters (role playing games)
- Non-Player Character
- Non-Playing Captain (bridge card game)
- Non-Playing Computer (gaming)
- Non-Productive Cough
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sources: National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, Environmental Protection Agency, Noise Pollution Clearinghouse.
While many anti-noise groups mainly focus on health and psychological issues, the Noise Pollution Clearinghouse (NPC) focuses on civil liberties.
Les Blomberg, who directs the nonprofit Noise Pollution Clearinghouse, refers to unwanted noise as aural litter or audible trash--"That is how people experience community noise: as someone else's garbage thrown into their space," he says.
The Noise Pollution Clearinghouse NPC), a nonprofit agency providing access to a variety of materials on controlling noise pollution, has chosen lawn equipment as one of its primary focuses.