The advantage of those algorithms is that they are more stable, considering the noise criterion.
What does NC stand for?
NC stands for Noise Criterion
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NC
We have 130 other meanings of NC in our Acronym Attic
- No Cover (philately)
- No Credit (college transcript)
- Noam Chomsky
- Noble & Cooley (drums)
- Nobody Cares
- Nochex (online payment method in UK)
- NOCONTRACT (Not Releasable to Contractors or Consultants; classification)
- Nodal Controller
- Node Center
- Noise Coefficient (manufacturing specification)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Then, for each octave band a room reverberation correction and a standard room correction of minus 10 dB, to convert from sound pressure to sound power, were applied to the noise criterion curves to obtain the noise criteria level (NC) for the sound generated by the discharge (ASHRAE 2009).
LL Beranek, "Balanced Noise Criterion (NCB) Curves," J Acoust Soc Am.