The Nineteenth Amendment, carried out to accommodate the observations of the judiciary on the mode of appointment of judges prescribed in the Eighteenth Amendment and the Twentieth Amendment to ensure Independent Election Commission and the mode of appointment of caretaker setups to oversee the elections, are other marvels of the spirit of reconciliation that deserves unqualified accolades.
What does 19A stand for?
19A stands for Nineteenth Amendment
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Harassment (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Participation and Association Offences (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Participates in Criminal Group (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Murder/Death/Kill (gaming clan)
- Police radio code for murder
- 18 Above (Canadian movie rating)
- Eighteenth Amendment
- Octodecimo (book paper size)
- Robbery Not in Progress - person (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- [not an acronym] Emergency Services Phone Number (Thailand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
30) The Nineteenth Amendment was enacted with the principal goal of enfranchising women, yet the only Supreme Court decision to interpret the Nineteenth Amendment concluded that it "applies to men and women alike.
Siegel, She the People: The Nineteenth Amendment, Sex Equality, Federalism, and the Family, 115 HARV.
Naek expressed his delight and profound satisfaction over the passage of Nineteenth Amendment Bill from the National Assembly.
The Nineteenth Amendment, prohibiting the denial of the right to vote to citizens based on gender, was finally adopted on August 26, 1920.
Following the passage of the Nineteenth Amendment in 1920, feminism entered a quiet phase, although women like Margaret Sanger and Emma Goldman continued to expand women's possibilities for self-determination.
The Map: American Women Were Not Allowed to Vote before the Passage of the Nineteenth Amendment, in 1920 A review of the territory: The Nineteenth Amendment was not as revolutionary as it may seem.