Globally, pregnant women in 66 countries experience s night blindness, with moderate to severe public health significance, and approximately 10 million pregnant women (8 percent of pregnant women) develop night blindness annually (World Health Organization, 2009).
What does XN stand for?
XN stands for Night Blindness
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XN
- Xinjiang Medical University (China)
- Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus
- Xalapa Macintosh User Radio
- Xbox Media Video
- Xenon Motion Video (Xbox)
- Xerox Map Viewer
- Myxomatous Valvular Dystrophy, X-Linked
- X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
- Exeter Northcott
- Cross-Section Next-Generation Architecture (Microsoft DirectX)
- Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (airport code)
- Xbox/DirectX New generation Architecture
- Xerox Network Architecture
- Xinhua News Agency
- XNA's Not Acronymed (Microsoft)
- extensible Name and Address Standard
- Xodiac Network Bus
- Carboxylated Nitrile Rubber
- X Northern Captain
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Editor's note: Retinitis pigmentosa is a disease that begins with night blindness in adolescence and progresses to side vision loss, tunnel vision, and eventual blindness in some men and women.
Ranga Rohantha Silva has poor vision during the day and has been suffering from night blindness for a long time, one of the first symptoms of retinitis pigmentosa (RP).
Features include adjustable neck strap and reflector, three bright LED's that light up two pages for reading, four standard 120-hour batteries, and a clip-on red night vision filter that minimizes night blindness when switching from light to dark.
The official noted that the Cuban-Venezuelan Mission Miracle eye-care program has helped Guyana "mop up the backlog" of 40,000 pending procedures for cataracts, pteridium and night blindness.
It was rumored that the Ivorian striker, who was excluded from the previous five games, is suffering from night blindness.
Other changes could include issuing daylight driving licences for those with night blindness.