G6PD is an enzyme that catalyzes the first step in the pentose-phosphate pathway, a pathway that produces the reduced form of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) for red blood cells.
What does NADP stand for?
NADP stands for Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate (Biology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NADP
We have 42 other meanings of NADP in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education
- National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors, Inc.
- National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration
- National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care
- Notification of Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (UK)
- National Association of Direct Offering Specialist
- National Alliance Democratic Party (Sierra Leone)
- National Association of Dental Plans
- National Atmospheric Deposition Program
- Naval Acquisition Development Program (US Navy)
- Noise Abatement Departure Procedure
- North American Dialing Plan
- Northern Alberta Dairy Pool
- Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate
- National Atmospheric Deposition Program/National Trends Network (US EPA)
- Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate Hydrogen
- Nicotinamide Adenosine Dinucleotide Phosphate
- Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate Diaphorase Histochemistry Technique
- Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Hydrogen Phosphate Diaphorase
- National Association of Data Protection Officers (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidases are a group of plasma membrane associated enzymes, which catalyze the production of [O.
Its most important function is to reduce nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP) to NADPH.
Utilization of oxygen and reduces nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate by human placental microsomes during aromatization of androstenedione.
The measurement is based on the fact that the enzymatic reduction of diacetyl requires the cofactor nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH).
PMN Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate Oxidase Priming Activity Superoxide anion production secondary to the assembly of the PMN nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (reduced form; NADPH) oxidase is a standard measure of PMN activation.
We have recently used just such a method, coupled with a Laue x-ray diffraction experiment, to define the structure of the Miehaelis complex of the enzyme isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH), its substrate isocitrate, cofactor nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP+) and magnesium .