The IETF is working on protocols relevant to Layer 2 switching, and it is moving closer to publishing RFCs for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Multiprotocol over ATM (MPOA), the Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP), and related protocols.
What does NHRPD stand for?
NHRPD stands for Next Hop Resolution Protocol
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC)
- New Hampshire Radio Network
- National Human Rights Observatory (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- National Human Rights Office (Latvia)
- Norton Healthcare Research Office (est. 2001; Louisville, KY)
- National Hispanic Recognition Program
- Next Hop Resolution Protocol
- Northwoods Hospice Respite Partners (Ely, MN)
- New Hampshire Recreation and Park Association
- National Human Research Protections Advisory Committee
- National Health Reference Price List
- National High Risk Registry (Strang Cancer Prevention Center; New York, NY)
- Natural Hazard Risk Reduction (Organization of American States)
- Naval Hospital Roosevelt Roads
- New Haven Rail Road
- New Hope and Ivyland Rail Road
- North Herts Road Runners (UK)
- New Hampshire Railroad Revitalization Association (Weare, NH)
- Nuclear Hormone Receptor Response Element
- National Health Research System (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
IP over ATM networks: Comparison of IP and ATM networks the use and limitations of "Classical IP over ATM" benefits of the use of "cut through" ATM virtual channel connections compared with the use of IP routing using the Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP) to provide "cut through" connections integrating the quality of service techniques of IP networks with those of ATM networks.
It is co-located with router functionality, interfaces efficiently with a Layer 3 route determination facility and supports the next-hop routing protocol, Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP) server implementation as specified by The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).