NEC responded to our tender for a service-based biometrics system and following a rigorous selection process we are pleased to be working with NEC for our next generation identification needs," said Lt.
What does NGI stand for?
NGI stands for Next Generation Identification (US FBI database)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NGI
We have 111 other meanings of NGI in our Acronym Attic
- National Geographic Interactive (magazine)
- National Grid Initiative (various nations)
- Natural Gas Initiative (Saudi Arabia)
- Natural Gas Intelligence (publication)
- Natural Gas Inventory
- Navigazione Generale Italiana (Italian: Italian General Navigation)
- Net Gamers Italia
- New Generation Imagery
- New Global Initiatives (Bethesda, MD)
- New Guinea Islands
- Next Generation Impactor (trademark of MSP Corporation)
- Next Generation Installation
- Next Generation Internet
- Non-Government Individual
- Norges Geotekniske Institute (Norway)
- Northwest Gemological Institute (Bellevue, WA)
- Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (Norway)
- Novations Group, Inc. (now Global Novations)
- Narrow-Gap Improved Electroslag Welding (National Bridge Research Organization)
- Next Generation Internet - Optical Network for Regional Access with Multiwave Protocols (MIT Lincoln Lab)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The FBI has spent more than $1 billion on its Next Generation Identification program, which includes Biometrics - facial-recognition technology
Originally created by the FBI, an extensive database called (NGI) Next Generation Identification, houses this new technology in identification.
The Innocence Project reports that police departments keep their own online databases of mugshots and criminal activity, and in 2014, the FBI will implement a Next Generation Identification system that will allow police officers in any state to search for mugshots in other states, and compare those results with images the police officer already has.
In this exclusive interview , Kim Del Greco further examines the Next Generation Identification (NGI) program and explores the FBI's latest upgrade of the automated fingerprint identification system, the benefits of Biometric Enabled Intelligence to homeland security, and how this has been improved since 9/11.
OneSumX Finance, Risk and Reporting Enables complete data transparency for financial risk, regulatory reporting, finance and performance management, taking multiple, disparate data sources into an integrated, centralized data architecture; OneSumX Governance, Risk and Compliance Increases transparency and control across the financial institution with high-level reporting, interactive dashboards and modular components that measure, monitor and manage compliance, operational and enterprise risk; OneSumX Financial Crime Control Introduces next generation identification of fraudulent activity based upon a real-time, cross-channel behavioral review of a customer s accounts; and
Frost and Sullivan highlighted Lockheed Martin's role as the lead industry partner for several major government biometrics initiatives, including the FBI's Next Generation Identification (NGI) program, which will expand and enhance the Bureau's current identification capabilities.
Survey respondents highlighted MorphoTrak's 2009 milestones including the company's creation, the FBI Next Generation Identification (NGI) program win, and the unveiling of contactless "finger on the fly" technology.