On April 29, 2005 GlaxoSmithKline announced that a drug-interaction trial of Lexiva (fosamprenavir) with Nexium (esomeprazole, a proton-pump inhibitor, often used to reduce stomach acidity for relief of reflux, the unwanted flow of stomach acid into the esophagus), had found no reduction in the in the blood level of amprenavir.
What does NEX stand for?
NEX stands for Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of NEX
- NATO Electronic Warfare Van
- Network of East-West Women
- North East Wales Wildlife (Holywell, Flintshire, Wales, UK)
- New England Water Works Association
- Network of Entrepreneurial Women Worldwide (est. 2006)
- New Zealand Association of Teachers of Singing
- New Zealand
- Nagoya Expressway (Japan)
- Navy Exchange (Retail Store)
- New England Extrusion, Inc. (est. 1988; Turner Falls, MA)
- Non-Exclusive (data sets)
- Number of EXcitations
- Network Exchange Universal Communication Standards
- Near-Edge X-ray Absorption Fine Structure
- Next Evolution XBC (game)
- National Association of Export Companies
- Nippon Expressway Company (Japan)
- North American Association of Exporting Companies
- National Executive Committee
- Navy Exchange Service Command
Samples in periodicals archive:
A clue as to why it is missing comes from the fact that it and a much more expensive prescription drug called Nexium are made by the same manufacturer, the British pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca.