Of course, we wouldn't like it if the City Council imposed a newspaper tax that made The Register-Guard noticeably more expensive than The Oregonian.
What does PR stand for?
PR stands for Newspaper Tax (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PR
We have 88 other meanings of PR in our Acronym Attic
- Paper Qualified Vision (Jordan)
- Personal Qualifying Volume
- Pocket Quick View (software)
- Program Quality Verification (US OSHA)
- Peripheral Output Word
- Phenylquinone-Induced Writhing (assay)
- Priority Queue Weighted Fair Queuing
- Pooled Quota Waiting List (railway system; India)
- Planar Quasi-Yagi Antenna
- (USN Rating) Aircrew Survival Equipmentman
Samples in periodicals archive:
But the idea of a newspaper tax resurfaced in March, as part of a strategy to pay for a new Minnesota Twins baseball stadium.