Newtown Action Alliance, Erik Cliette of Harlem Hospital's "Guns Down/Life's Up", Beloved Hammond of NYC Mission Society's Harlem SNUG, Leah Gunn Barrett of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence and other community leaders, political leaders and musical performers.
What does NYAGV stand for?
NYAGV stands for New Yorkers Against Gun Violence
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of NYAGV in our Acronym Attic
- New York Art Festival
- New York Avenue Foundation (Washington, DC)
- Newburg Young Adult Fellowship (Livonia, MI)
- Normalized Yearly Access Fee
- North Yorkshire Aquatics Forum
- New York Alliance for Environmental Concerns
- New York Asian Film Festival
- New York Amateur Football League
- New York Attorney General
- New York Association for Gender Rights Advocacy
- New York Association on HIV Over Fifty
- New York Association of Homes and Services for the Aging
- New York Association of In-House Locksmiths
- New York Automobile Insurance Plan
- Not Your Average Joe
- National Young Athletes League (UK)
- National Yugoslav Army of Liberation (US Navy)
- New York Association of Local Government Records Officers (Albany, NY)
- National Youth Art Month (various locations)
- New York Academy of Medicine
Samples in periodicals archive:
NEW YORK -- On Friday, April 16, the third anniversary of the terrible gun violence tragedy that took 32 innocent lives at Virginia Tech University, members of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence (NYAGV) and the Million Mom March Chapters from around New York will join together to protest the ease with which guns can be purchased in our country.
Also, working in conjunction with New Yorkers Against Gun Violence and the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Moms Demand Action submitted an amicus curiae in response to this lawsuit filed by the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association which stated, "The SAFE Act and, in particular, its prohibitions on assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines, are fully consistent with the Second Amendment.
NEW YORK, July 17 /PRNewswire/ -- New Yorkers Against Gun Violence blasted the U.
Any maladjusted teenager or Colombian drug trafficker can walk into a gun show in the United States and pick up lethal weapons," said Andy Pelosi, of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence.
However, unlike many countries where illicit gun trade is inextricably tied to civil strife, drug trafficking and political corruption, the US can go a long way toward controlling this problem simply by plugging the gun show loophole, and cracking down on corrupt federally licensed firearm dealers," said Andy Pelosi of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence.