The site, which is also known as the Yonkers Power Station, was built by the New York Central and Hudson River Railroad and opened in 1906 to supply electricity to the tracks leading to and from New York City.
What does NYC stand for?
NYC stands for New York Central (railroad)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NYC
We have 118 other meanings of NYC in our Acronym Attic
- Nacido Y Criado (Spanish: Born and Raised)
- Nanaimo Yacht Club (Naniamo, BC, Canada)
- Nantucket Yacht Club (Nantucket, MA)
- National Youth Choir
- National Youth Commission
- National Youth Conference (Church of the Brethren conference for high school youth)
- National Youth Connection
- National Youth Council (Singapore)
- Nazarene Youth Conference
- New York Cares
- New York City (New York, USA airport code)
- New York Collegium (Baroque music)
- New York Color
- Newport Yacht Club (various locations)
- No You Can't
- North York City (center; Ontario, Canada)
- New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- New York, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad Company
- New York City-Amateur Radio Emergency Communications Service (New York, NY)
- New York City Atheists (New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Riverside Park South is located on the site of the former New York Central Railroad 60th Street Yard.
That's the route that New York Central Mutual Fire Insurance Co.