He is also scheduled to hold talks with members of the African Union's New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD) to discuss a number of issues and challenges facing the African continent.
What does NEPAD stand for?
NEPAD stands for New Partnership for Africa's Development
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEPAD
We have 2 other meanings of NEPAD in our Acronym Attic
- North East Publicity Association (UK)
- Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Nuclear Energy for the Propulsion of Aircraft
- National Environmental Policy Act/Categorical Exclusion
- Northeast Pennsylvania Bridge (card game association)
- Nursing Education Program Approval Board (Canada)
- National Electronic Procurement Assistance Center
- New England Patriots Alumni Club
- National Environmental Policy Act
- New Economic Program for African Development (est. 2001)
- NEPA Document Tracking System
- NASA Electronic Parts Assurance Group
- Northeast Pennsylvania Genealogical Society
- Nested Equivalence Principal Algorithm
- Never End Peace and Love
- NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act) Management System
- National Environmental Policy and Action Plan (Nepal)
- New England Pension Assistance Project (University of Massachusetts, Boston)
- New Partnership for African Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Northeast Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is to be recalled that Addis Ababa, the Ethiopian capital, had seen in late January African intensive political activities included the summits of the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD), t he Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), the African Union and the Peace and Security Council, which recommended the need to continue negotiation and not forwarding any proposal to the Security Council or to compel the Government of Sudan to accept transferring Abyei file outside Africa but it must be left to the mediation and to the two countries to talk about it.
The full text of his message reads: Sustained, inclusive and equitable economic growth is fundamental to achieving the Millennium Development Goals and the socioeconomic objectives of the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD).
The AU's own New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD) has identified the potential for 17 such spatial development initiatives (SDIs), most of them mining based.
For example, the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD) puts ICTs in the top eight priority sectors.
TUNIS (TAP)- The meeting of the 5 General Assembly of the Intra-Africa Metrology System (AFRIMETS) was held July 21-22 in Nairobi, Kenya, with on its agenda the election of a new president of the organisation to take over from the South African presidency which was assumed by the Director of the South African Metrology Institute "NMISA" and this since the creation of AFRIMETS during its constituent general assembly in July 2007 in Maryland, South Africa, with support from the German Metrology Institute, the African Union (AU) and the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD).
The New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD) chief executive Officer, Ibrahim Assane Mayaki, said: "Africa has the potential to become a major food producer ensuring food security on our continent and beyond.
lt;p>It looked, in particular, at the African Union (AU)'s efforts to settle conflicts in several African countries and keep security and peace in the continent, arrangements to integrate the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD) in AU's structures, the reform of the United Nations Organisation (UN) Security Council and the outcome of the Copenhagen Summit on climate change.