It is no surprise then that English is constantly reinventing and transforming itself, in response to shifts in culture and society -a phenomenon that Lexicographers at the New Oxford Dictionary of English have been meticulously tracking for many years.
What does NODE stand for?
NODE stands for New Oxford Dictionary of English
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NODE
We have 5 other meanings of NODE in our Acronym Attic
- Nexus Orthicon Display Device (BBC acronym used in the 1960s - 80s)
- NORD Orphan Drug Designation Database
- Notice of Deficiency Determination
- Navy Oceanographic Data Distribution Expansion System
- Navy Oceanographic Data Distribution System
- National Open Development Environment (University of Kent; UK)
- Netherlands Forces in the East (US Navy)
- Network for Ontario Distance Educators (est. 1996; Canada)
- Networked, Open, Distributed Events (media arts organization; London, England, UK)
- New Orientations for Democracy in Europe (Austrian Federal Ministry for Education, Science and Culture)
- Nursing Outreach and Distance Education (University of Missouri-Columbia; Sinclair School of Nursing; Columbia, MO)
- Nonlinear Differential Equations and Applications (journal)
- Northern Ohio District Export Council
- Norwegian Defence Communication and Data Services Administration
- Norwegian Defence International Centre
- No Delay
- Not to Delay
- Nordic Digital Excellence in Museums (conference)
- Nonlinear and Active Optical Devices on Electronic Substrates
- Do Not/Will Not Depart This Station
Samples in periodicals archive:
The New Oxford Dictionary of English defines the term as ``a person, especially a young woman, who regularly follows a pop group or other celebrity in the hope of meeting or getting to know them.
7 New Oxford Dictionary of English (OUP, pounds 27.