Five years after Hurricane Katrina, the New Orleans public schools bear little resemblance to the disintegrating system that was further undone by the catastrophic flood.
What does NOPS stand for?
NOPS stands for New Orleans Public Schools (Louisiana)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NOPS
We have 1 other meaning of NOPS in our Acronym Attic
- NAVSUP Outsourcing & Privatization Project Office
- Negros Occidental Provincial Police Office (Philippines)
- National Oncologic PET (Positron Emission Tomography) Registry (Philadelphia, PA)
- Nociceptin/Orphanin FQ Receptor (opioids)
- Noprint (assembly language ASM51 assembler control)
- Notice of Proposed Regulation (US FERC)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Notice of Proposed Regulatory Change
- Network on Police Reform in Nigeria
- National Ocean Policy Study
- North Oxford Property Services (UK)
- NRO (National Reconnaissance Office) Operations Squadron
- National Offshore Petroleum Safety Authority (Australia)
- National Ostrich Processors of South Africa (Oudtshoorn, South Africa)
- North Olympic Peninsula Skills Center (Port Angeles, WA)
- Northwest Operational Planning Study Group
- New Orleans Public Service Inc. (Louisiana)
- New Orleans Public Service Incorporated (New Orleans, LA)
- National Organisation for Practice Teaching (England, UK)
- National Organization of Professional Teachers (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Associate Professor and Coordinator, Early Childhood Programs, Curriculum and Instruction, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, USA Vice President, OMEP-USA Presentation by Josh Fertitta, New Orleans Outreach For almost half a century, New Orleans public schools have been consistently ranked among the worst performing schools in the nation, plagued by corruption and general neglect.
While this interest has largely been influenced by my early experiences as an elementary school teacher, an Urban League Street Academy principal, and an Upward Bound teacher, serving as the chairperson of a 1987 task force to review the status of Black males in the New Orleans Public Schools gave me and my committee the opportunity to take an introspective look at this critical issue and identify more than two dozen solutions.
27) Six months after Hurricane Katrina, the destroyed New Orleans public schools sit slime-coated in mold, debris, and human feces, partially flooded and littered with such detritus as a two-ton air conditioner that had been on the roof and the carcasses of dead dogs.
Stationed at seven, city-wide locations rebuilding and helping the community, Sherwin-Williams' employees teamed up with the New Orleans Habitat for Humanity, Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans, Louisiana Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Volunteers of America, Metropolitan Battered Women's Program, New Orleans City Park and the New Orleans Public Schools.
Similarly, only 49 percent of New Orleans public schools are now open, and there has been no increase since April in the percentages of former customers who are now using gas and electric services - 41 percent for gas and 60 percent for electric.
Inputs to Recovery A confluence of forces is leading to success in the New Orleans Public Schools.
Washington, New Orleans Public Schools, Benjamin Franklin Senior High School.