With the International Monetary Fund sidelined at the start, the Europeans, led by British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, called for a summit meeting of the G-20 to consider a new international financial architecture, bypassing not only the Fund, but the G-7 as well.
What does NIFA stand for?
NIFA stands for New International Financial Architecture (political science)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NIFA
We have 9 other meanings of NIFA in our Acronym Attic
- Nuclear Information File
- Numero de Identificación Fiscal (Spain)
- Neutrophil Immobilizing Factors of Plasma
- Neutrophil Immobilizing Factor of Serum
- NGG1p Interacting Factor 3
- National Institute of Finance and Accounts (India)
- National Institute of First Assisting, Inc. (Denver, Colorado)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA)
- National Intercollegiate Flying Association
- Nebraska Investment Finance Authority
- North Idaho Farmers’ Association
- North Iowa Fair Association (Mason City, IA)
- Northern Ireland Football Association
- Nuclear Institute for Food and Agriculture (Pakistan)
- National Institute for Animal Advocacy (Guilford, CT)
- Nestle Infant Formula Audit Commission
- Night Forward Air Controller
- Northern Initial Fire Attack Crew (British Columbia Ministry of Forests and Range Protection)
- Northern Ireland Food Advisory Committee (Food Standards Agency; UK)
- National Independent Fire Alarm Distributors (West Des Moines, IA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the International Monetary Fund sidelined at the start, the Europeans, led by British Premier Gordon Brown, called for a summit meeting of the G-20 to consider a new international financial architecture, bypassing not only the IMF, but the G-7 as well.
So not only is it a policy priority for us, it's also important as part of a new international financial architecture.
Broad phrases are frequently difficult to define precisely and the new international financial architecture is no exception.
Our 29th annual conference took a hemispheric view of the year's events, from progress toward a Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) to calls for a new international financial architecture.
We all agreed that a new international financial architecture is urgently needed and that Hong Kong, because of our experience, can play an active role in the design of this architecture,'' Tung said after the first meeting of the Council of International Advisers.