During the 1970s and early 1980s, NAM sponsored a campaign for restructuring commercial relations between developed and developing nations, the New International Economic Order and its cultural offspring, the New World Information and Communication Order, which still has relevance today.
What does NIEO stand for?
NIEO stands for New International Economic Order
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Non-Ionizing Energy Loss
- Northern Ireland Environment Link (est. 1990; UK)
- National Indigenous English Literacy and Numeracy Strategy (Australia)
- Nagarjuna Institute of Exact Methods (est. 1980; Nepal)
- National Industrial Engineering Mission
- National Information Exchange Model
- National Institute of Export Management (India)
- Nelson Institute of Environmental Medicine (New York Univerity Medical Center)
- Noniterative Integral Equation Method
- Anti-Non-Identified Extractable Nuclear Antigen
- National Interagency Emergency Operations Center (FEMA)
- National Institute for Earth Physics (Romania)
- National Institute for Economic Policy (South Africa)
- National Institute for Educational Planning (Newport, CA)
- Native Instruments Elektrik Piano
- Natural and Induced Environments Panel
- Network of Indian Environment Professionals (India)
- Nuclear Industry Evaluation Program
- National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (INDIA)
- National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Additionally, the narrative highlights the economic crisis caused by the new international economic order, through the loss of foreign markets for export of Uruguayan products, and the shrinking purchasing power of the country's already impoverished citizens.
Referring to the global economic meltdown, Mukherjee called for crafting a new international economic order to put economy on a sound footing.
Nevertheless, he agrees with the outsourcing movement and with the decisions made by the world's multinational companies, the main drivers of the new international economic order.
Establishment of a New International Economic Order to promote the growth of underdeveloped countries and international economic cooperation.
The International Conference on Primary Health Care calls for urgent and effective national and international action to develop and implement primary health care throughout the world and particularly in developing countries in a spirit of technical cooperation and in keeping with a New International Economic Order.
Noting that subsidies to cotton growers in the United States will total $173bn for the next decade, Cote d'Ivoire Agriculture Minister, Sebastian Dano Djedje, says Africa "must fight to save our cotton sector to ensure that the new international economic order plays according to equal rules".
This plan was "part of that fundamental reorganization of human relationships in the world through the search for a New International Economic Order.