On a more fundamental question, having owned and read copies of both the Authorised King James and the New English Bibles for more than 30 years, I cannot find any evidence of anyone being authorised to be paid to teach the gospel, regardless of whether they be male or female.
What does NEB stand for?
NEB stands for New English Bible
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEB
We have 79 other meanings of NEB in our Acronym Attic
- National Executive Board
- National Eye Bank
- Negative Energy Balance
- Net Energy Balance (metric)
- Network Engineering Branch (US NIH)
- New Elevator Business
- New Engineering Building (University of Florida)
- New England Biolabs, Inc.
- New Executive Building (Philippines)
- Noise Equivalent Bandwidth
- Non-Energy Benefits
- Non-Enzymatic Browning reaction
- North East Bab (United Arab Emirates)
- North Equatorial Belt
- Number Entry Button
- NASA Employees Benefit Association
- National Electronic Billers Alliance (San Francisco, CA)
- National Elevator Bargaining Association (Teaneck, NJ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Finally, it might be of interest to all concerned to note that, in the New English Bible, the possessive apostrophe for Jesus is s's as in, "he fell at Jesus's knees,".
The New English Bible has here a reassuring warmth: "It is for your good that I am leaving you.
1970 The New English Bible sold out of its first print run of one million in a day.
See: Onkelos (Aramaic), The Jewish Publication Society of America, The International Critical Commentary: Genesis, The Soncino Chumash, The Holy Bible (Oxford University Press), The Anchor Bible, The Jerusalem Bible, The New English Bible with the Apocrypha.
Baptists were just as active in the two major translation projects in England: the New English Bible and the Revised English Bible.
Thus, in bemoaning the loss of "Religious English" in translations like The Good News Bible, The New English Bible, The Contemporary English Version, and The New International Version, and in staunchly defending The King James Version, as well as The Book of Common Prayer, Robinson simultaneously demonstrates courage of judgment and courage of faith.
1970: The New English Bible sold out of its first print run in a day.