Two extraordinarily large trading days for Citigroup shares in the fall of 2007 hint that someone may have been manipulating the stock, say researchers from the New England Complex Systems Institute in Cambridge, Mass.
What does NECSI stand for?
NECSI stands for New England Complex Systems Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NECSI
- NOAA Environmental Compliance and Safety Assessment System
- Nationwide Express Courier Services Berhad (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- National Energy Center for Sustainable Communities
- New England Competitive Sailing Center (Stamford, CT)
- Northeast Customer Service Committee (est. 1979)
- Newburgh Enlarged City School District (New York)
- North East Centre for Scientific Enterprise (UK)
- Naval Electronics Systems Systems Engineering Center
- Novalux Extended Cavity Surface Emitting Laser
- North East Community Support Group (Brisbane, Australia)
- New England Complexity Science Institute
- New England Computer Solutions, Inc. (Massachusetts)
- New England Coalition for Sustainable Population
- National Electronic Child Support Resource System
- National Enhanced Cancer Surveillance System (Health Canada)
- Naval Electronic Combat Surveillance System
- New England Cigar Smoking Society
- Northeast Conference on Science and Skepticism
- National e-Claims Standard Initiative
- Network of European Centres in Science and Technology Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
A study at the New England Complex Systems Institute has found that increasing co-movement in stocks may precede violent market crashes.
One can think about the creation of species on the genetic level in the same way we think about the appearance of many patterns, including traffic jams," said Yaneer Bar-Yam, president of The New England Complex Systems Institute and a senior author of the study.